2018 WinterSlam Demolition Derby
I want to be upfront in regards to the rules. If you are trying to push the limit too far you will be loaded. It’s just a fun day to wreck some cars, it’s bone stock. No Bullshit please. Let’s have some fun and handout some cash!
Stock 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Rules:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Any 4 or 6 cylinder is eligible.
- No motor swaps, 4’s run with 4’s, 6’s with 6’s.
- Your car must have working brakes going through tech.
- Car must be stripped including plastic bumper covers removed. Wheel weights must be removed. All glass and lights and interior must be removed. Passenger seat can be left in car.
- Make sure to cover sun roofs properly with sheet metal.
- Exhaust and gas tank must be removed. If for some reason you cannot remove the tank then you must cut out the bottom of it and make sure there is no fuel whatsoever.
- Battery and gas tank must be moved into the car. One battery only. Must be automotive, no truck batteries.
- Battery should be secured to passenger floor. If your battery comes loose during the heat or final you will be shut down.
- No stock gas tanks, must be a boat tank or steel tank of some sort. Must not leak fuel.
- Gas tank may be mounted in the back seat area or can be mounted on your post to post bar as a floating unit. Must be covered.
- Gas tank protectors are permitted but are not to be mounted in a way that will reinforce the car. If your worried about your tank, mount it as far forward as you can. You may be asked to move your tank if officials think you are using it to reinforce your car. It is to protect your tank only.
- If your car is mangled and safety becomes a concern you will be shut down.
- You will be allowed a post to post bar that will be a maximum of 4”x4”. Must be at least 16” from the floor.
- No dash bar. Most of these compact cars come with a stock dash bar that is good enough to run with.
- You will be allowed to run a drivers door plate that will be a Maximum of 15”wide and will be allowed 4” of over hang on each side of the door. Max ¼ inch plate to be used. Your encouraged to reinforce your drivers door for your own safety. Door shots happen.
- You may weld your drivers door with 4 plates that will be a max 4”x4”. This will be the only welding allowed on the car.
- Make sure your airbags are removed.
- Double tires will be allowed. Must be an automotive tire. Must contain air, no solid tires. Tires can also be tubed and glued. Mud and snow tires will be allowed. No rally tires. You can run donut tires if you choose.
- You must have a 16” hole cut in your hood for the purpose of putting out a fire.
- No pre bending, no notching, of frames in any way shape or form.
- Pre ran cars will be allowed. They must be stock. If your car had previously ran in a modified show do not ask to run it. Basically if your pre ran car is built to these rules, you can run no problem.
- Doors, hood and trunk must be secured with wire only. Wired in 4 spots on each only. Excessive wire use will asked to be cut.
- Must have a visible fuel shit off switch.
- Drivers door must be white, drivers door only.
- You will be aloud a single window bar. You can use either angle iron or square tube not exceeding 2” square. You may mount fuel shut off on your window bar if you choose.
- No all white cars. Must be painted for drivers safety.
- You can wire or chain your motor/tranny mounts. You may also loop tranny lines.
- No welding FWD tranny into posi.
- No bumper swaps whatsoever. Bumpers can be wired on only. You will be allowed 4 spots to wire your bumper. These spots will not count against the hood spots. Over excessive wire will asked to be cut. Meaning don’t wrap 8 strands of wire per spot.
- All suspension must remain stock. Struts, spindles, tie rods. No modification and no swaps. 4 cylinder struts cannot be swapped in favor of 6 cylinder struts. Don’t show up with a car that sits inches above other cars of the same type and expect to pass tech.
- After the heat it’s expected that you will get your car ready for feature you can then shape and beat on your cars for wheel clearance and to see out your back window. Do not take this as an opportunity to go above and beyond the rules or you will be disqualified. If you have a question about repairing your car, ask an official.
- Be aware for those of you bringing spare parts. Make sure they are stock parts and are for the particular brand of car you are running.
I can’t stress enough, this is a stock show. Keep it fair and you will be treated fair and with respect. There is to be no welding other than drivers door and your post to post bar. Also if you have a rear wheel drive you may weld the differential into posi. We look forward to everyone’s participation and having a fun winter day to break up the wait for the real derby season to start!
Another thing to note, we will be having a pro mini class in Arnprior this summer. So guys who want to build and try something new this will be the class for you!
If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask them. There is currently a Facebook group setup as Arnprior Agricultural Society WinterSlam Demolition derby. Feel free to post questions or concerns on this page and you will be answered, someone may have the same question so posting on the page keeps everyone informed.
Arnprior Agricultural Derby Director- Scott Rancourt